Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A little unsteady

Three months down, and I am not a fan of 2017.

I have friends fighting bitter divorce and custody disputes.
Friends who have lost their children.
Friends battling bullies like radiation, depression and infertility.
Friends in a self-described funk.

I know people who are struggling, 
I am struggling,
to understand why life can be so outrageous and cruel.

I have nightmares about cancer, head lice and broken cell phones.
I worry about doctor appointments, childhood friendships and my career.

A headache turns into brain surgery and a stomach ache turns into relapse, if I don't stop myself from going all the way there.

"Hold
 Hold on
 Hold on to me
 'Cause I’m a little unsteady
 A little unsteady" - X Ambassadors

There is a collective sense of unsteady. 
We are collectively holding our breath.

It's time to take back our power.
Breathe, friends.
Breathe, self.
Anchor.

One day.
One hour.
One breath at a time.

We will persist.
We will rise.
We will triumph.
We will strengthen.

And in the meantime, we will hold on, together.
We are not alone.
We are simply unsteady.

3 comments: