Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sharing for her future self

We are now home from our much-needed vacation and back to our new normal. Brooklyn is healing well, her next MRI is scheduled for April and from there she will endure monthly tests until June, after which she will have her first 3-month break from follow up.

Life feels mostly normal.

Though...
My body is still weak and tired.
My mind forgetful.
My pulse still races when I think about the last three months.

Part of our journey is saying thank you to everyone who took time to care for us the last while.
Cards will be sent. Emails written. Notes of thanks and love.

I am also committed to making Brooklyn a photo scrapbook, to help her see her acts of bravery, her Warrior Princess ways.

For this, I need your help.

I have created the email:

BrooklynWarriorPrincess (at) gmail (dot) com

Will you send her an email?
Share with her how her journey impacted you?
Changed your lifestyle? Opened your eyes to new perspectives?

If you could take some time, please email her at the address above. I know life is busy, I know words can be difficult for some, but if you could do this for her the impact will last a lifetime.

I will print copies of all the messages and store them safely away until the day I find she needs a reminder of her incredible journey. These will not be shared publically, only read by her and perhaps me as I print them for her memory box.

Thank you, from one proud mama.

#TeamBrookie #WarriorPrincess

Brooklyn proudly wore this button at Magic Kingdom in March.


No comments:

Post a Comment