Thursday, January 14, 2016

Mom friends, unite

Mom friends, I need to talk to you.

Thank you for being honest.

For posting photos of your worst parenting moments.
For crying out for help when you couldn't stand one more minute with your kids.
For laughing hysterically at my mishaps, and letting me do the same at yours.

Thank you for reserving judgement.

When I admit I've just pulled into the McDonalds drive thru with tears in my eyes.
When I couldn't go out for drinks because I didn't have $10 in my wallet to spend.
When I wore the same faded pair of yoga pants for the third day in a row.

Thank you for listening.

About my larger-than-life worries regarding fevers, ear infections and immunizations.
About my feelings of failure, disappointment and utter dismay at being a mom.
About the moments that made me cry deep, dark tears from my soul.

Thank you for being my cheerleader.

For sending virtual hugs that reassured me I was worth it.
For the messages of love when I was sick, run down and crawling out of bed.
For the acts of kindness that filled my heart with gratitude and love for our friendship.

The truth is, we're all in this together.
And its the hardest thing we've ever done.

We need each other more than ever.
And we need to stop comparing ourselves to each other.

The choices you make, may not work for me.
Your beliefs will not match all of mine.
How I choose to parent may not be comfortable for you.

And that's ok.

Let's make the conscious decision to support each other with love, kindness and genuine appreciation for our individual journeys. Can you imagine the example we can set for our children?

Mom friends, unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment